View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Mountaineer Trip Report- WV

The huge hand I won I was in BB with AKs. utg who was a friend of mine (thats very loose aggro) makes it $20 to go. 5 people call. I pop it to $70 straight. Friend calls as does 3 of the 5 people.
Flop comes A89 Rainbow. I bet out $100. Buddy folds (he tells me later he had JJ). Loose Asian guy calls, others fold.
Turn ends up being a Q and I check. Guy pushes ai for $300ish. I go in the tank and finally call him as I had played with him for 4+ hours, he had donked off hundreds of dollars, always overbetting pushing with rags and trying to slow play monsters so I felt like he would value bet me or check behind if he had a monster.
He turned over KJ suited and he had picked up a gutterball and a flush draw on turn. River blanks and I scoop a $1100 pot.

I played on Sat also but trip was uneventful. Finished up $150 and would have been up $600+ if I hadn't flopped top set and lost to a flopped straight when I got it ai on the flop vs another aggromonster.

The dealers were better on Sat then they were on Fri as a whole but there were still some who were clueless...
Woman dealer, blonde. Looks... used... kept on trying to rake the pot $5 on the flop regardless of amount in the pot. Took much convincing that a $7 pot doesn't get raked $5.00. She then pissed off aggromonster #2 when he lost a big pot on a draw and while she was pushing pot to winner she replied to his whining with "Thats gambling sir" which he promptly went into the best Samuel L Jackson a white man has ever done when he yelled..
"I don't remember asking you a god-damn thing.."

Floor really needs to get act together. They are clustering more and more and not addressing calls for floor quickly and efficiently. Of course dealers need to shout what table the floor call is for as opposed to raising their hand like they're in the 3rd grade.

Cashiers were using calculators, abacuses, their 7 toes, etc to count money. Was quite sad. When your sole job is to make change and cash money you should be able to add.

Waitresses were very good on Sat but my table were ordering 6 diet cokes at a time and tipping well so maybe I just got lucky that I was at a good table for drink service.

Dealers really need trained or retrained on the clocking in board. They struggled to log themselves in when they sat down as well as logging in players.

Smoking is getting out of hand and they need to keep smokers off rails as the smoke is traveling into poker area.

Need more then one entrance/exit opened up to poker area.

front desk needs to mark off players once seated.

the 2/5 NL and 5/10 NL needs bigger buyin. 1/2 NL at 300 max is more BB's in chips then the 2/5 at $500 max or the 5/10 at $1000 max. playing a 100BB 5/10 NL seems really poor.

Will probably go back Tues as I'm going to railbird the Colts Monday night. Will see if theres any improvement in their day 5.