View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Mountaineer Trip Report- WV

Just wanted to add my two cents:

I arrived at 5:30 and was immediately seated for 1/2 NL. Max buy-in of $300 is nice (I heard Wheeling is only $200). Nobody else had bought in for the full amount at my table. As stated above, .01/.02 NL online is tougher than the 1/2 NL I played. I could only stay an hour and a half (was passing through back home to Pittsburgh and had other plans, but picked up a quick $276. Only advice, when you bet, make sure you have the goods because I saw a $75 bet into a $50 pot get called by a guy with K high.

Dealers are mediocre, I wouldn't call them terrible, most were so nervous they were visibly trembling. They should shake the initial gitters off pretty quickly.

I saw limit games being spread from 2-4 all the way up to a 50-100 game (everyone was over the age of 50 except one early 20ish guy). NL was packed all the way up to 5-10NL, and was getting busier as I left.

The room has great potential, give it a week or two and I think the dealers will have worked out the major kinks and it will prove a great place to play for being less than an hour away.