View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Couple of Spots against Bad Lag/Maniac

Thanks for the comments -

I think you're right about hand 2. 3-betting here reduces my positional advantage and lessens the room to play postflop where I can decide if I want to play a big pot or not. It doesn't narrow his range much either since he was calling my 3-bets very light and seemed to be under the impression that I was permanently FOS, as evidenced by hand 3. That was probably the biggest advantage though - portraying a loose image. After this hand I started to play more trappy against him and I think you're right about that. Could you tell me what SPR means? The river shove is suspicious but I still think it was a fold - I wanted to see if anyone would jump and say omgwtfinsta-call and give reasons for it that I would immediately agree with.

I was considering a check. I'm really not sure what the right line is here. It might be marginal. If he checks the river you go for a value-bet right? What if he c/rs the river - call? The guy seemed to have some ability to read hands even though he played badly. I basically never check both the flop and turn if I have an A so if i bet the river it would be a great spot for him to c/r bluff. But I may be giving him too much credit. I think it might be harder for him to c/r bluff the turn since an A or sets etc. are definitely still in my range then.

Edit - And yes, you're right about the bad examples too. Just take my word for it - he was definitely very aggressive - lots of raising c-bets, random pot-sized donk bets, overbet shoves etc. - I need to go now but will check later to see if there are more replies.