Thread: Cigar Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, this is a great thread, so I apologize for the noob question. My girl brought me a couple cigars from her trip to Niagara Falls. I don't have a humidor, but both cigars are sealed in metal casing. How am I to store these, and how long will they keep?

Also, the cigars are Montecristo Tubos and Macanudo Hampton Court.

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately there's not a great place to keep cigars other than a humidor. they'll be okay for a week or two tops in the metal tubes, but they really need to be in a humidor asap. i'd reccomend going to a cigar shop and getting a fuente travel humidor bag. it doesn't have to be a fuente, and it's essentially a plastic bag with a very strong seal that has a time released self humidifying agent in the bag that sort of looks like a bag of silica. they're about $5 and they're good for six months, and you can open and close the bag and re-use it.

but i wouldn't feel too bad if that macanudo didn't last, iirc the hampton court is the new blend they came out with that bombed. the monte on the other hand is a nice stick.

all,

if you can get your hands on a bolivar gold medal, try it. smoothest cigar i've ever smoked.

-tex