View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Representatives and Senators For and Against Online Poker, 11/19/0

[ QUOTE ]
Also, to keep things centralized, perhaps we should post all letters from Congress to this thread, plus discussion of politicians cosponsoring legislation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really great effort engineer, with the map and everything. Thank you very much for all you've done and are doing. I see you already list Weiner in the 'A' category and listed as a cosponsor. Here is his letter response FWIW:

[ QUOTE ]

Dear [snappo],
Thank you for contacting me to voice your support for the Internet Gambling Regulation and Enforcement Act. Please pardon the tardiness of this response. I agree with you and am a cosponsor of this legislation.
As you may know, this bill would establish an internet licensing program which would allow Americans to bet online through vendors that are regulated and licensed. I believe this legislation strikes the necessary balance between industry oversight and personal freedoms. As a member of the Commerce, Trade and Consumer Protection Subcommittee with jurisdiction over this matter, please be assured I will keep your thoughts in mind.
Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to be in touch in the future on this or any other issue of concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

Engineer, he says "as a member of the Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection subcommittee with jurisdiction over this matter...". Would you know exactly what degree of influence he has as a member of that subcommittee, or is that just standard political fluff talk?