View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Is Clinton as pushy as we think?

[ QUOTE ]
This has it all mixed up. The real thing IMO is that women have to be pretty off-putting and cold in order to be successful in a "man's world".

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but I think this has some truth to it. The scale on which women in politics are judged is a very fickle one. They're either too soft and girly to be electable or too much of an ice princess.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I can name you many men who, their politics aside, strike me as likable: McCain, Bill Clinton, John Edwards, even cranky old Bob Dole.

[/ QUOTE ]
McCain is likeable??

[/ QUOTE ]

He was.. once. Give me 2000 McCain vs 2008 Obama for this next election and I'll be in heaven.

[ QUOTE ]
I never viewed her as being "pushy" but that's probably a good quality to have in running an administration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here I'm reminded of the current administration, having Alberto Gonzalez in a hospital room, pestering a bedridden... well, nvm that.

[ QUOTE ]
I am however saying that for an outsider it does seem you like your country has an enormous gender inequality problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a Morrissey line about America:

"In America, the land of the free they say,
And of opportunity, in a just and a truthful way,
But where the president is never black, female or gay"

[ QUOTE ]
Hillary Clinton is shrill...she sounds like my ex-mother-in-law, only more nagging.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess it's a good thing your mother-in-law can have only so many in-laws..?

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, my opposition to Hillary and my hatred of women are completely separate issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, sir, are a saint!

[ QUOTE ]
Only a typical liberal-guilt-ridden-blah-blah-blah

[/ QUOTE ]

It all turns to orange Rush Limbaugh/Fox News repeated wax in my ears. Seriously, if you took away the phrase "only a liberal", how would people like you ever be able to start a sentence or thought?

[ QUOTE ]
Somehow, Pakistan has elected a female president, and we haven't. How is that possible? Aren't muslim countries supposed to be more sexist than western countries?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to realize, in those full body burkas, it's hard to tell someone's gender. Perhaps they didn't know they were voting for a woman?

I'm still upset that France didn't elect that hottie during their last election.