View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Nation\'s Modship

[ QUOTE ]
I think there a couple issues at hand, first nation has taken an extremely dismissive attitude towards the whole issue. Given the information from the bot thread I think its completely fair for people to entertain the idea that bots are a possible explanation to the situation on some level. Why is nation so opposed to letting people discuss the idea that its possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nation had first hand knowledge of the group and wanted to rest fears that they were bots. He's talked with them. He's seen them play. It's bad whenever players hear of bots. It was nice of him to share his first-hand knowledge, which he didn't have to do. He is now being dragged through mud for it.

[ QUOTE ]

Another thing is the issue of creating a team to consistently work together using a specific strategy and constant supervision and discussion during actual play. I wouldnt go as far as to say its unethical but I believe it goes against what 2p2 stands for as a community. I believe as a community we standard for thinking about poker not coming up with a simple strategy that will break even and nation has admitted he wanted to stake a member of the group. Is this really the kind of behavior we want the mod of a strategy forum condoning? Its surely not something I want and not the kind of behavior that someone who represents 2p2 should partake in. Nation is free to have his own opinions and ideas but if we dont condone them as community he should not represent us. The creation of teams of players to work over poker rooms is clearly bad for poker and one of our mods is condoning this practice, thats not someone I want representing me as a 2p2 mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

simple strategy--you didn't read the guide to beating low buyin Party SNGs back in the day apparently

teams--goto the IRC channels, find out about skype, see the AIM convos going back and forth-- most all your 2p2 winners are involved in this kind of activity, not as blatant as all sitting in a room together all day, but loosely 'teams' fo sho.