View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: ROCK THE BELLS 7/29 - TR

i got a call at the last minute to go to the sunday show for free, i got there in time for wu-tang and rage. i really didn't think wu-tang killed it at all and i'm a big fan. a couple of songs were sick but in general it sounded kinda ragged to me and i was pissed ghost wasn't there obv. overall very disappointing.

i also hate huge crowds and not only was this thing like 90% white high schoolers as somebody mentioned, but it was basically like a douchenozzle yard sale, you had your roided up frat boy dicklickers, your retarded westchester high school gangstas, your idiot upstate hillbillies that were just there for rage and boo'd every other act, etc.

by the time we got there it was totally filthy, there was [censored] everywhere and it smelled like a potent mix of piss and garbage, and people were just pushing up against us or past us while wu played trying to get closer to the front, getting all huffy when i didn't step out of their way, like it's my duty to make room for you because you had to go pound five amstel lights during the set change and you still want to stand in the front and grope chicks who crowdsurf and boo all the rap acts so you can see rage. wtf.

rage of course killed it and sounded awesome, they played a lot of stuff off the first two albums which i appreciated, especially early in the set. i tried to take some videos with my phone but i was so close that they just sound terrible, if anybody is good with that kind of thing i can send them to you but i doubt it will do any good. i was really hoping for them to bring out chuck d or somebody from wu tang for the encore but they didn't. only really great song that i was hoping for but didn't hear was 'wake up.'

overall rage was awesome but i'm glad i didn't pay for it, probably because i'm just such a cynic and a cranky old bastard that i hate this kind of huge show no matter what. i think wu-tang would have been more fun in a different setting too.