View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: *** Official November Graphs/Results & December Goals Thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

you're wrong, its exploiting flaws in the online structure
ratholers are scum

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.. its an error in the game as its set up with variable BIs. they just exploit an error in the system.. very sleazy. its a different game, no.. its called exploiting the rules to gain an unfair advantage over people that want to play for certain stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the minimum buy-in is a certain amount, you should be allowed to sit at the table with that amount. I agree that ratholing isn't the best for the games, but there really isn't anyway to stop this besides the minimum time required to sit back at a table without buying in for what you left with. What would you advocate that could fix this problem, yet let joe recreational gambler plop down his minimum buy-in, donk around, double up and leave?

A game with variable buy-ins has different strategy, there will be different sized stacks no matter what.

I know people aren't going to agree with me on this, and I'm not expecting anyone too. I guess my main point is that people should be able to play within the rules of the game and use whatever strategy they desire. The advantage it has is making LAG play less profitable, but you limit yourself on how much you can win on a particular hand. If you think short-stacking isn't "real" poker, then tournaments aren't "real" poker, especially SNGs.