View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 03:54 AM

Default Re: EDF MUSICIANS THREAD (Guitar/Piano/Singers/etc...)

I am really more a songwriter, but I have played in bands and dabbled for 17 years - I have a myspace page here and a former band page somewhere else -

I was recording this weekend and accidently left a 2 second gap in the track from when I cut and paste - [censored] - it's a 5 minute fingerpicking acoustic song I want to nail just right, so I'm pretty peeved - I may try cutting and pasting a take together on the computer next week and going from there.

I play guitar and sing and go for an alt-country vibe - My babe of choice right now is a Gretsch Black Duo-Jet I used to play thru a Crate Vintage Tube amp but I also have an 8" 1954 Fender Tweed I want to record with some with that natural distortion.

Also a Taylor 6 string - a Rickenbacker 12 string and a $200 Alverez acoustic 12 string I bought on impulse and never played - I'd like to pick up bass and drums just so I can keep playing the rest of my life since my guitar playing sucks but any idiot can play bass and drums around town if he's decent because bands never have enough of them.

but I'm mostly in it for the songs - sent some demos to a friend at an indie label who was interested in releasing an album but I'm 18 months into trying to get it going without success - have some 2nd Gen digital recording equipment (Mackie D8B/HDR24) that's decent but mostly I'm just a perfectionist trying to do everything myself and it sucks -

I need a new band -

RB