View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 10:39 PM

Default $50 Rebuy, Anyway I can not go bust here????

$20000 guaranteed $50 rebuy with approx. 60 people left, top 20 paid, 15min blinds average chip stack is around about 10K and blinds are currently 200/400 with no ante when the following hand occurs.....

UTG who has approx same size stack as me (just under 11K) opens for min raise preflop

folded around to me in mid pos I call with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

folded around to BB who also calls, 3 of us see the flop

Flop comes:
9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Pot size: 2600

BB Checks
PFR bets 1000
I raise to 4000
BB folds
villain shoves all in for 9K

I of course insta call and he shows th A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Turn comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
river is a brick and I'm out....

Now my question is could I possibly have played this in such a way as to NOT go broke? Could i have better controlled the size of the pot and possibly gotten away from it on the turn? Or am I pretty much committed to it whatever I do here? Comments on preflop appreciated too

Also what do you guys think of the villains play here, one or two of the players made comments in the chat box such as VNH and WP, Im pretty new to tournament poker and NL for that matter but I thought his shove was a terrible play....am I the only one?

Id like to apologize for the shabby format of this hand, I dont have the HH file on this machine.

This is my first post in SSMTT so take it easy! thanks in advance for your replies.