View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

I see your point, and I understand where you are coming from.

You state that the Yankees have to figure out what is best for their organization. I believe that trade is in the
Yankees' best interest.

If the Yankees do acquire Miguel Cabrera for those three players, I don't have a problem playing Damon in CF for the next year. Would you rather have Wilson Betemit and Melky Cabrera at 3b and Cf respectively, or Miguel Cabrera and Johnny Damon?

I don't believe you can rely on minor league stats to predict a pitcher's MLB performance, especially one who's throwing at an average velocity level. Sure, he has a great track record, but I would be just as willing to give Alan Horne a chance to start if it meant acquiring one of the best young hitters EVER.

Tabata hit 5 home runs in 441 at bats last year in single A. His SLG was .392. Sure, he did have hand problems, and it is possible for him to be in the majors sometime next year. It's also (much more realistically) possible that he spends another 3 years in the minor leagues like almost every other 19 year old, developing his talent so that he can one day perform at a high level in the MLB.