View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Ball gets thrown - what to do?

So we're on the 18th tee the other day...about a 300 yard dogleg right par four.

The left side of the oval shaped green is barely visible, with trees shielding the rest of the green. The pin is not visible (and as we find out when we get to the green, is on the far right hand side).

A group of old ladies is in front of us, and as we're waiting to tee off, three of them are standing on left side where we can see them, and the other is chipping on. She chips on, all four presumably walk towards the hole.

So, I'm up first - and I hit my drive well. It's a low liner, slicing right up the heart of the dog leg, it lands about 20 yards in front of the green, rolls up on the green, and out of our site. I assume about middle of the green-ish.

After two of my playing partners tee off, we all of a sudden see a ball come flying off the green back towards the fareway. I think "did they just throw my ball off the green?" Yup. Got up there and it's my ball, 10 yards in front of the green...and the ladies are nowhere in site.

a) what's my play in terms of golf rules?

b) were they bitches, or was it my bad? I was always under the assumption that if it's a par 4, and the group in front is on the green, it's fair to tee off. And it was in absolutely no danger of hitting anybody, thus us not yelling FORE.