View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Dene Tribe\'s Poker Tournament Evaluation System is a Rip-Off

First off, I'm not the editor of our Internet Magazine.

However, our editor does send me the articles to read before they are posted, but this month due to a huge amount of manuscript work I did not read all the Internet Magazine articles that went up and the ones I did read (about half of them) were read very quickly.

With that being said, I did read Poker Tournament Evaluation System by Dene Tribe very quickly and saw nothing wrong with it. It's common knowledge, and has been common knowledge for many years, that tournaments which raise the stakes very quickly are not skill oriented. Poker players refer to these as "Crap Shoots," and this was not a revelation from you.

I have asked a friend of mine to look at the article independently of me (and our editor). If he feels that you and/or your book should be cited, we will add that into the article.

I also need to point out that the article of yours that you cite in your post contains numerous inaccuracies as to exactly what Harrington says. As for not crediting your work, or the work of others in our books, this is something that we are very concious of and that we do in our books. In fact, when working on manuscripts for publication, we frequently will have our authors add-in references to the works of other authors whether they are Two Plus Two or not.

Finally, I do want to point out that even though I gave your book a positive review, an 8 on my 1-to-10 scale (with anything being 8 or higher being something I recommend) your book does contain flaws which have already been discussed in length on some of our other forums.

MM