View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Live hand $1/$2 NL, I know I\'m behind - calling a mistake?

Was on a golf weekend in Niagara Falls, decided to play some poker at Fallsview - played a few hours of $1/$2 NL. Game was pretty soft - I was up a fair bit - had about $250 in front of me (buyin was $100).

This was my last hand of the session - new dealer was ready to go, session fee coming up. People knew I was leaving after this hand.

Dealt 88.

Made it $10 to go - standard PF raise at our table. Villain calls - he's been the standard calling station - but he's folding to overbets.

Just the two of us to the flop, I have position - pot is ~$26

Flop comes AAT. Villain hesitates, thinks about betting, then checks. Here's where I make my mistake - I bet $50. He's got $71 behind.

He insta pushes.

So here's the question - is this a call? I know - for sure - that he's got an ace. I have two outs that can help me, hopefully. Costs me $21 into a ~$150 pot.

I KNOW that I made a mistake with the $50 bet on the flop. I knew he had an ace by the way he hesitated. I ignored my read on him, and bet more than I needed - dumb followed by dumb.

But I don't know if my calling of the extra $21 was a mistake too...

Is it dumb followed by dumb, followed by another dumb? Or just two dumbs and a "whatcha gonna do?"

thx

OT

cliff notes HH style:

Villain: $82
DumbHero: $250

Deat to DumbHero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PF:
DumbHero raises to $10
Villain calls $10
Pot ~$26

FLOP: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain: Makes like he's gonna bet, then Checks
DumbHero: Bets $50
Villain: Raises to $71 (all-in)

Hero: ???