View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

yes, I've also considered that they are actually possibly costing themselves MORE than $50k worth of business by coming to this conclusion because of the heat they are under and the fear some now have of playing there.

This is really their own fault though and nobody else's.
If they handled this professionally and said they are investigating the possibility of bot use and would like to talk to her about some suspicious play and then later said, "We have talked with the player and she maintains her innocence but we believe our evidence to be absolutely conclusive on this matter and thus will be confiscating the funds. We are open to continuing discussions with this player about this but we do not foresee changing our decision as we would not have taken such action if we didn't have extremely clear proof that she was using a bot."

Something like that....
ANYTHING like that would have been a TON better.

you would still have pokergirlz freaking out about her money. But you would have far fewer people taking her side or fearing that FT takes your money if you happen to get unlucky and accidentally set of their alarms.
Because people will at least get SOME impression that the investigation was fair and that FT really did know what they were doing.

Right now they are leaving the exact opposite impression even if it's the furthest thing from the truth.

To that end, FT got themselves into this situation somewhat and continued to dig their own hole.
They see this thread with various other players freaking out and still don't even meaningfully communicate with the accused and barely communicate with those on here.

In other words, they should be able to pull off taking $47k from an accused bot...even a falsely accused one...without scaring so many of their other players nearly this much.

Curious that you describe Stars as a 'PR firm'.
Obviously I'm a fan of Stars and perhaps I'm gullible to their PR. But I just don't look at them like that.
I just think they do a better job all-around which includes actually communicating with their customers.