View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: do you chop? no, i prefer to play my five deuce offsuit, kthx

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
his line doesn't make any sense pretty much regardless of what he has unless he's holding an overpair (not 77) or the case deuce, and puts you on something like A4 that'll be scared to bet the river. But you're a TAG, you value-bet rivers all the time, so he isn't going to be worried about it checking through.

[/ QUOTE ]

so your range for him is something like AA-88, 66, and 2x?

[ QUOTE ]
If you can't fold to a trey, just call his bet

[/ QUOTE ]

we're a pretty heavy favorite against the range i've come up with based on your description. are you sure raise/call isn't better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let's see if I can get off my soapbox. That range is about what I'm thinking. The problem I have with a bet/call is that the guy you describe isn't going to trey with the pocket pairs, only with 2x and you lose to all 2x hands. There's a possibility that he's pulling this with specifically 7x, but that'll fold to a raise. There's also a possiblity that it's specifically 65 (again, afraid that your A4 checks behind), so again you should be folding to a trey.

I understand the point you're trying to make with your read, that he's thinking that you're an a-hole, and he's going to punish you with his 4x, but if you really believe that he's trying to play well, does he trey with anything that you beat here? For that matter, does he call with anything that you beat if you raise? Sounds to me like the kind of guy that would just call with A5, sure that you had a boat, a better set or wouldn't call a trey without one of those.

[i]Edit: we're only a pretty heavy favorite against that range if he treys all of it. I don't think he does. It's trips, not a set; if you were holding a set then, yeah, raise all day long.