View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: One of my friends thinks Theo Epstein is an overated GM.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your insight is amazing. Quality reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, your only question was "Who's side are you on?"

I think he took that to mean either "He's overrated", or "he's underrated", or perhaps "he's rated appropriately."

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. You asked who's side i'm on. I think he is overrated. Your friend pretty much sums up a lot of his mistakes.

You also didn't list any reasons why he isn't overrated in your OP. ty for your amazing insight.

I don't think he is a horrible GM, I just think he was much better in his first few years, before the Red Sox increased spending to compete with the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I wanted a poll, I would have made a poll. I'm S O R R Y T H A T Y O U N E E D E V E R Y T H I N G S P E L L E D O U T F O R Y O U.

I think it's obvious that I feel Theo has done a fine job. But to make it clear, it was 2002 when I nearly gave up my season tickets and now I am very happy I kept them and the new owners/management has done a great job and should be the pride of Boston. But there are some fans who are retarded that can't be satisfied with winning a WS and then returning 4 seasons later. WEEI in Boston (the #1 sports radio station in the country) feeds off these fans, rinse/repeat, and this has a trickle down effect in the overall media.