View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Calzaghe Kessler fight

[ QUOTE ]
Glad to see there is a thread about this. I had it 8-3-1. While i was watching I kept thinking about poker: Kessler was like a perfect TAG. He wasn't making mistakes and he was making good adjustments. The problem was he was facing a LAG genius who anticipated all his adjustments and took advantage of them as they happened.

After Calzaghe got hit with a couple of huge uppercuts, he did the smart thing and completely switched gears. He basically changed the fight for about two rounds and then 3 rounds into his adjustment he switched back to hyper aggressive lagtard mode.

The guy is just a sick, sick boxing savant with a great heart to boot. It's a shame we don't hear much about him in the U.S. but I think that's about to change.

It's a great time to be a boxing fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really believe this? I thought it was assumed that the past couple years have been the worst to be a boxing fan?

I see a lot of posters in this thread are from England and Australia, so I feel it necessary to give my opinion on Rugby and Australian Rules Football,as I was watching a match tonight at a bar between Leicester and the Blues... it was awesome, and those guys are nuts; I love it. It's essentially a team of huge men, sans pads, running full speed at one another, just crushing each other. In a vacuum (after subtracting national and team allegiances), it's possibly the best sport to watch after you've been drinking.
Respect.