View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: What do you think of this river bet???

[ QUOTE ]
Do not open limp you are throwing away money. Standard play by aggressive/good opponents is to raise/punish limpers. The reason you are limping is because your hand is not that good... good players know this and will raise a variety of hands making you play your marginal hand at a higher price than you wanted to oop. Don't limp then call four when raising gives you the advantage by being the aggressor and also disguises your hand. The less hands you play oop the less tricky decisions you will get yourself into the more you will profit. As played, fold the flop: you have a gutshot on a two tone flop, even if you catch your 9 QJ is the better straight and the flush also crushes you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your thoughtful input. I see that raising is better, if i want to play the hand anyway. The reason i called the flop is because it was cheap and a gutshot has huge deception; people just don't believe you would make that flop call to a gutshot. Once the turn card hit, i had an open ender...and so it went. I know i only had 6 outs due to the flush, so you are absolutely right in folding on the flop. Sometimes.....(i'm being kind here, to myself) i make mistakes. thanks again, and good luck out there.