View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: NLHE:TAP \"Concepts\" Discussion Post (somewhat long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most of the time it's not good to minraise. Some players who actually belong to a limit table, constantly minraise. That is bad, because in NL you can change the bet size to your advantage. With a minraise you are giving cheap cards to people with drawing hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but I still think the OP's question is perfectly reasonable, as Sklansky and Miller advocate min-raising with "big-pot hands" to raise the stakes.

No reason to laugh at him at all (I know you didn't).

[/ QUOTE ]

Just show me where they talk favorably about:
Being first to enter the pot pre-flop, and for a min raise (25/50 blinds, and you make it 100). Or, a few limpers have entered the pot, pre-flop, and you min raise then. I'll obviously stand corrected. I just doubt that they would talk favorably about this situation since if you want to "build the pot" as the OP suggests, you would obviously raise it more. And, by min-raising, you're getting no information from your opponents since anyone with half a brain will call a min raise to bust you since you're making it cheap for them.
I laughed at OP, but I'm okay with being wrong about this since I see SO MANY donkies min-raising pre-flop every single day.
Please don't confuse this with min-raising while on the flop, where your opponent has already bet (say the pot) and you make the minimum raise.