View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 03:07 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: NLHE:TAP \"Concepts\" Discussion Post (somewhat long)

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Concept No. 55: Unlike limit, limping first in on the button is frequently correct.

In this section it talks about raised on the button with hands like J9s cuts down on your implied odds (600 stack, 5-10blinds, with a PRasie to 30 you cut down implied odds from 600-10 to 600-30).

my question is: What about min raises from the button with a hand like J9s (or small pocket pairs/ A-X suited - hands that have potential play well after the flop and can win big pots) in order to make a bigger pot for the times you do hit - since it wont be multiway. any theories/ideas/experiences?

LMAO!!!!!!

Min-raise...lol. Good one.

great respose, way to help out the quality of the forums from your thourough and decisive answers

Sorry, it's just so basic though. I'll tell you what I'm always told about very basic concepts on this site...use the search feature.

[/ QUOTE ] I won't go into details but I read some pretty good stuff in defense of the mini raise. The primary reason being, it really pisses off the other players.