View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Interesting analysis of how Dems should address immigration

[ QUOTE ]
xorbie,

Please don't trot out that BS emotional rhetoric like "demonizing" them and stuff. I said in my first post in this thread that I am in favor of more liberal immigration policies than a lot of people and I mean that. However the bottom line is that I think it is *we americans* who should decide immigration policies instead of illegal immigrants trying to decide it for us by fiat, and then some Americans trying to justify that. I.E. while I'm in favor of allowing "more" immigrants in than most conservatives, I believe it is *we americans* who should decide just how big that "more" is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with the idea of trying to even define what "more" is. I don't really have any fundamental problem with illegal immigration, if they think it's worth the risk to get the meager reward, then by all means try it.

Also, I wasn't trying to imply that you were demonizing anyone, that was just my general stance on the illegal immigration issue. The demonization is just what happens (it seems) whenever you try to talk to most conservatives about it. As if, of all things, it's the Mexicans who are destroying this country.