View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Congresswoman says bill does NOT ban online poker

Pardon my ignorance, but can corporations / and or groups of people bring lawsuits with Federal government to question our freedom to play poker with the vendor of our choice whether it be online or in B&M.

Furthermore, why are there not any US corporations that are in the online gaming world and leading this charge. That is how does Harrah's or Station not have an online card room? There's just too much money in it, and the service is nearly a commodity, and they'd immediately soak up a huge player base from US players.

Deep down my emotions are torn. I feel any logical or money-driven result to this problem will lead to a victory for online gaming. It's our right, and there's tons of corporate income and taxable revenue to be tapped. On the other side, so often is logic thrown out the window when it comes to protecting civil liberties because of the opinions of a few extremists who remain unaffected by my choice to play or not.

I should run for congress and slip a bill into some legislation making it illegal to go to church. People get addicted, and spend up to 10% or more of their income there. We must protect them from themselves.