View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: how do i beat passive pre-flop super aggressive postflop players

Great post - also because it introduces what I consider the optimal style - adaptive poker.

There is absolutely no player that any of us is going to play who does not play in a manner that is exploitable. One of the single most important things you can learn as a poker player (after basic fundamentals of course) is how to play several variations on your basic game and who to use each of them against. Personally I play a slightly unorthodox style, but I have tested it and find it very effective against the TAGs of the world. Too many of them play predictably, and that's just asking for a thinking player (me) to find something to mess them up somehow.

One of the things in poker that makes me either wince or laugh out loud is when someone says 'always' in conjunction with a certain play. There is basically no play outside of a couple extreme cases that are absolutes in this game. There are definately optimal plays, and 2+2 is great for learning those...but there really aren't absolutes in the game.

Ok enough babbling I'm ready to leave work already [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]