View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Told you I was running bad

Did we call the turn thinking we were ahead or behind, or not knowing?

If we assumed we were ahead, there's no reason to fold. If we thought we were behind and weren't getting proper odds to fill up, then we should have folded on the turn.

However, the gray area is the area which I assume OP is in, where he *could* be ahead, but villain's like is a line of extreme strength, so it's very likely we are behind.

I also understand that just because we called the turn, and a river blank came, that doesn't mean we are automatically calling the river. However, I do think that we are good 25% of the time here. If we were 1000 bb's deep, and he shoved, this would be an obvious fold.

I think what I'm trying to say is that we called his c/r on the turn, fully expecting him to bet again on the river. The river is a blank, meaning neither our hand nor his could have improved (no flush draw, no higher straight, etc). He has bet a relatively small amount, giving us excellent odds to call. Our hand might even be a little underrepresented at this point, since we flat called his turn c/r.