View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 07:44 AM

Default Re: DVD Discussion: Before Sunrise

I liked this film a lot. The two leads were effective and totally believable as their characters, and the film really felt like we were eavesdropping on a really cool date (and appeals to the Nosy Neighbour inside all o us for this reason).

Not only do we get to really know about these two characters as they slowly reveal more about themselves, we also see the seeds of what might cause problems in their relationship (he's sharply and vocally cynical and hasn't learnt the wisdom some of us old guys have of shutting up when we see our woman happy in something we don't think much of, just happy that she's happy; she's maybe gullible, and a little obsessive), and wish our dates were all like this one.

This is absolutely the perfect date movie, btw. Not only does it set the perfect mood, it gives you a ton of subjects you can spin your own conversations from, and allows you to catch the mood of the movie.

And the man's a fool for letting the girl go (which he will, you can just tell. I haven't seen the sequel, btw, so no idea what actually happens).

Favourite part: The music booth. She's happy how it's going, waiting (but not impatiently) for him to kiss her, and he's not sure of his footing. Such a beautiful little moment.

I will be watching the sequel sometime soon.