View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: ACers; personal preferences

I'm an anarchist. Not sure yet if I'm anarchocapitalist or something else. Definitely leaning a lot in that direction.

I believe both pot and psychedelics are safe and even extremely beneficial if used intelligently and by the right people. They both have tremendous power for mental deconditioning and creativity, though this power can be hard to handle. I think that's a big part of why these drugs are illegal... they can get you thinking a lot more freely than the powers that be want you to be thinking.

If I'm a capitalist, it's only because there's no better way that's voluntary. I would encourage maximum redistribution of wealth, as long as it's voluntary, even to the point of abolishing private property

That said, I'm not much for charity. Partly because I'm very hypocritical, but also because I'd rather keep my money and use it to make a difference in my own way, even if that happens in the distant future, than trust it to someone else whose priorities/abilities I don't know much about.

I'm very loosely theistic, but I think morality is socially constructed, so there's no right or wrong, only wise decisions and ignorant decisions.

I think abortion is fine, because there's nothing inherently bad about death in the way I view metaphysics. Certainly something to avoid though if at all possible, because of pain it can cause to those involved.

If I ever have kids, I'd welcome a gay son. Hopefully by the time I'm at that stage of life it'll be a more accepting world. I don't even see a need for the division. To me it's like distinguishing between people based on their favorite color or something. Who cares?

Edit: forgot guns. I don't like them, and I'd like to live in a world without them, but since we don't, I'm all for gun rights.