View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Horrible Time Pot Rule at Commerce

The actual rule is not that you can play up to your blinds without paying time. You are supposed to pay at the time the collection pot is taken, and then, if you leave while the light is still on, you get a blowback: they give you a slip of paper that you take up to the window and you get cash back. But most of the floormen will allow you to play up to your blinds because then they don't have to go to the trouble of writing out the blowback slip.

But the rule as Bobby explained it to you is correct, stupid as it is. Most people who are leaving on their blind will declare themselves out of collection so that in case they win the hand they aren't liable for the full table collection. I have had two occasions where I thought I was going to stay but then had to leave; I asked for the blowback and gave the money to the guy who had paid the collection. This is surely the fair thing to do. The current rule is silly. Player B shouldnt get his collection "back" if player A actually paid it.

I don't think I have enough pull there to see about changing the rule, but I'll find out.