View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 07:15 AM

Default Re: ipoker bonuses vs. the rest

Sigh. I don't know why I continue to bother, since you seem to have some need to believe I am lying, when clearly you have no idea what you're talking about in any of your figures.

First of all...70 hands/hour? At 5-max?? There's my first "......lol". Average is just shy of 110.

I have no clue where you get your idea that I would need every hand to meet max rate. Even if you take into account my correction of your hands/hour figure, I guess you would assume I need about 60-70% hands at max rake? There's my second ".....lol". I took a recent session and did some calculations for you:

70 minute session.
104 hands played (slow session, that's only 89 hands/hour).
26.92% VP$IP.
67.9 points collected - that's 58.2/hour, bonus collected $8.31/hr.
$23.65 average pot size.
Number of hands that reached max rake of $3? FOUR. I only had money in THREE of them.

I was tempted to leave it at that and wait for your next post where you basically ".....lol" at everything again, but instead I'll explain where I think you must be going wrong.

Do you know what VP$IP stands for? Voluntarily Put $ In Pot. Note the word in bold. I am playing 5-max. I have money in 40% of the pots even if I fold every hand pre-flop, which would give me a VP$IP of ZERO. In the session detailed above, even though I had a VPIP of under 27%, I had money in 54/105 hands. 67.9/54 = $1.26 average rake, $25.20 average pot.

In conclusion: ......lol