View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: X-Post: Fight for Online Gaming!! Support the Frank Bill Here

The PPA has created a simple-to-use auto-emailer to support the Frank bill (HR 2046, IGREA). ( PPA auto-mailer ) It will take less than one minute. Barney Frank says if each congressman receives 500 letters from constituents, he'll be able to get IGREA through his committee. Thanks.

------------------------------------------

As a constituent and voter in your district, I am writing to ask you to support and co-sponsor HR 2046 – the Internet Gambling Regulation and Enforcement Act of 2007.

In 2006, my right to play poker -- a legendary game of skill that dates back centuries -- was assaulted simply because I chose to exercise that right online. Now, that right will be denied permanently unless Congress takes action. I am counting on you to help restore my rights by supporting HR 2046.

If HR 2046 passes into law, online poker will be safe, secure and regulated. The bill creates stringent licensing regulations for poker operators, so it will protect consumers and poker players alike.

The bill also has rigorous protections against illegal gambling, underage gambling, and compulsive gambling. But it doesn’t force any state to accept online gaming – it will simply allow any currently legal gaming to take place online. States and sports leagues can opt out completely if they wish.

What’s important to me is your support for restoring my rights. Please respond to this letter, and let me know if you will support and co-sponsor HR 2046. I will be watching your actions on this bill closely. I hope that I -- and thousands of other poker fans in your district -- can count on your support.

Sincerely,

TheEngineer