Thread: On Ghosting
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: On Ghosting

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This obviously goes out the window if the coach/sweater has followed the whole/most of the tournament. In that case, following the advice of the better poster will, in general, be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we disagree but don't know which line is better, yes, the better player's opinion is more likely to be (more) correct.

However I'm talking about situations where the player understands the prob with the advice.

A)
Ghost says: 4 bet shove here.
Player thinks: Well I usually just fold... I dunno.

B)
Ghost says: 4 bet shove here.
Player thinks: No, a 4b is problematic because of A and B factors and a fold is good because it accomplishes X, Y and Z.

Do you see the difference? It's not like the player is going to have time to express his concerns the 'ghost', he's going to have to act, and I'm just saying it's silly to say that the player should "blindly follow" the ghost in scenario B.

[/ QUOTE ]

You basically get offered 50% of all of Antonius' (or any player you respect the most) action, free of charge. You can choose if you want to play for yourself with some general advice or let him play for you. Which one are you picking? In the bigger picture, it will be retarded of you to not let the better player play.