View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 05:32 PM

Default Re: JJ against EP raiser

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't long sat down in this game. I only have a handful of hands on villain but he's played a third and raised half of them. What concerns me is the flop raise. Good or bad? I'm thinking that worst case I get the other guy to fold and increase my chances down the track if I'm behind. I call the turn because I picked up a gutshot, and the river because AT, a lower pair or an AK that is bluffing are possible

PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (Villain) raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG (Villain) calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.60 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villain 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.80 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.80 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.80 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

As I stated in another thread, you call on the river due to size of the pot. You have to consider what the pot is laying you. If the pot is tiny then of course you'll fold more readily. In this case it's easy, you call. I will say that IMO you're a big dog on the river but the pot is laying you a great price.