View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Stars Conclusion (short answer = void is owned)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Finally someone with actually good points like peleus, the only problem is that in athletics drugs are proven to be used. in this poker case theres no real evidence. I mean dont you think its scary that pokerstars can disqualify a person without any grounds?, sure if they're private, just doesn't make any sense to me in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be completely honest, you, or me, or anyone cannot make any educated statement about what proof they do and don't have. The fact that poker stars handles millions of dollars worth of transactions a year, has no financial motive for disqualifying someone incorrectly, and the fact this is almost an unprecedented occurrence lets me give them the benefit of the doubt this time. It simply makes no sense for poker stars to damage their reputation by admitting that their online champion is a cheat, when they should be going after him with some type of endorsement deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but this isn't some dumpy 10+1 tourney. This is the premier event on the a site presents itself as the premier poker site in the world. And they portray the event as the world championship of online poker. I don't know that they have to disclose how they caught him but I do think they should reveal the violation that stripped the Void of the title.

For comparison, if Tiger were stripped of a Masters title, don't you think, along with the announcement, would be the reason why? I.E. Tiger Woods is being stripped of his latest masters title for using an illegal driver during each of his four rounds of play...

You would never see an announcement that said, Tiger is being stripped of his title for violating a rule. Period.

By the same token, I think its entirely appropriate for PS to say, the void was stripped of his title for using banned software during the tournament, or whatever. In fact, not only do I think its appropriate, I think it ought to be mandatory.

--Zetack