View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: PSA: One line answers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a. The results dont matter, dont post them
b. Ama is right
c. Very few have a sample size that makes BB/100 relevant, and on top of that, when we start talking about win rates dick swinging ensues
d. I usually will only post a one word answer if it has already been explained or if I feel it has value (i.e. I can give you a fish, or teach you to fish)

[/ QUOTE ]

(1) I agree that brief answers are appropriate if its already been explained... in which case, its merely reinforcing that others agree with the logic. Though perhaps in those cases someone should quote the person who they're agreeing with...
(2) I am one of the many who WANT to know the results. I think its both interesting (like reading a murder mystery and then never learning who did it) and educational. One of the ways you learn how other players play is by watching. A fish might donk bet with one kind of hand and another wouldn't. Seeing how different types of players played different hands is helpful. When results are NOT what we expect, it reminds us to look at our opponents differently. "Oh... that kind of player WOULD push with this kind of hand on the turn. I should remember that although I wouldn't do that, clearly this type of player would. "

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, but you have to understand why they're doing it, to preserve 2p2