View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: New Tysen Streib Book: Kill Everyone

Despite seeming like an unusual appendage to the book, I liked the 6-max chapter and thought it was helpful. Your explanation in your e-mail of its usefulness for deep-stacked 6-max tournaments was a better explanation than anything in the book for the inclusion of the chapter. If your going to change anything in the second edition I would highlight that reasoning for the inclusion of the 6-max section.

Separately, I really enjoyed the book overall and enjoyed the mix between your practical observations on the state of tournaments and current playing styles along with Tysen's mathmatical analysis.

While the advice on page 251 was very helpful in terms of dealing with the hyper-lags I would have appreciated more suggestions on good spots to gamble against the aggressive players beyond pushing with a wider range pre-flop or flopping two pair or better (i.e. is TPGK on uncoordinated flops good enough to get your stack in sometimes against these players? when?)

I would also love Tysen to write more about whatever he wants in poker but specifically more about cash games where I spend more of my time. His two plus two article on continuation betting is still one of my favorite writings on poker and I would love to see more like that. I wonder if he could do similar analysis on hand historys for cash games that he has done for tournaments. Specifically, I think it would be very interesting to see if he could analyze how playing styles (loose, aggressive, tight) relate to betting patterns (bet out flush draws, check-raise bluff, only check-raise with the nuts, etc.)