View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Noooo!!!!!!! - Vinnie leaves OCC

I may be the only one who cares about this. But WTF? I have a tiny hope they'll bring him back. I kept thinking one side was going to quit bluffing, until Vinnie drove off.

American Chopper has managed to reinvent itself a few timesand stay fairly fresh. But if Vinnie doesn't come back I predict this is the the beginning of the end. I know the show isn't as popular as it used to be, but I still watch it. And I'm pretty picky about what I give my time to. But I can't imagine they survive this.

Sounds like Vinnie wanted a bigger stake and senior rebuffed him. Paul Sr.: "everyone is replaceable". That's some serious hubris. Especially when OCC seems to be endlessly expanding the business and building a gigantic new world headquarters. Maybe they're planning on most of their revenue coming from customer assembly-line bikes.

They probably have to be preparing for life after the show anyway. But the show still has to be the biggest interest-generator for the customer bikes. And I see no reason to hurry the death of the show along like this. Will be interesting to see if OCC cracks. I don't see Vinnie giving in to whatever he was asking for.