View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Monetary dilemma with roommate

I bailed my roommate out of a couple dumb situations he got himself into with his car. He owed me a total of $150, but I've gotten him to pay me back most of it by paying for meals and stuff.

He owes me $65 now. We were going to have him pay the electric bill because he still owes me other roommate from last month.

I asked him about it and he said that he hasn't paid it because he has no money (it is 16 days late). I've gotten along with him really well until this semester but his GF seems to have stupified him and he now has no sense of responsibility.

He has probably ~$500 in unpaid parking tickets on the A&M campus that he hasn't paid because he goes to a community college near here now. He got a speeding ticket that he didn't pay so he got something in the mail saying he has a warrant out for his arrest.

He basically has driven himself to being broke by paying for everything when he goes out with his GF even though her parents give her money for food. I assume his parents cut him off his "emergency" money because he spent it on $7 (each) chocolate covered strawberries and some other dumb stuff.

I figure I should just pay the electric to avoid it getting shut off, but I don't really want to loan him more money when he still hasn't paid me back. I make a lot off of poker so the actual money isn't really a problem, I'm just morally opposed to rewarding him for being a leech.

I got along with him really well for the past few years until he turned beyond retarded this semester. What should I do?

Edit: Upon the long list of irresponsible things, he also bought a Jack Russel Terrier without researching it at all or telling any of us, which barks 24/7 and pretty much destroys anything it can touch. He doesn't really take care of it because he is never home and basically dumped the responsibility on my other roommate.

Theres more but I figure that is enough to get the point across.