View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: NCAAF Early Early Lines Thread (Conference championship week)

I'm guessing CMU -10 or so in the MAC championship and I think there is value on the Miami side.

Miami, Ohio has been looking a bit weak lately.
Bad 7-0 win vs. AKR on national TV and then blowing a 17-7 halftime lead at Ohio by surrendering 21 3rd Q points to finish the season 6-6.
But Miami seemed to dominate every aspect of the game except a few too many penalties and failure to finish their drives instead having to settle for 5 FG's.
That's something of a positive too fwiw since their kicking game had been questionable this year.

CMU will have most of the fan support in Detroit where they beat Ohio 31-10 in the very same championship game last year.
But I don't think they are as good as they were last year and they have definitely been almost quietly struggling down the stretch.

They lost to EMU at home and the Eagles just aren't that good.
Then they had a fairly miraculous comeback to squeak by with a win at AKR by scoring 2 TD's in the last 6 mins.

On the other side, while Miami definitely isn't a great team I think there is value with them.
They also have the additional incentive of needing to win this game to be bowl-eligible.