[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im a over bankrolled nit..

[/ QUOTE ]

i am too

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was, when I was at $25NL. Then I skipped ahead to $100NL, and I was properly rolled. But that was a month ago; now I'm overrolled again.

A few comments I have to make:

1. I agree with those who correctly point out that bankroll is a necessary but NOT SUFFICIENT trigger for moving up. Much comes into play when deciding whether to move up or not: your skill level, your comfortability, your experience level, and your bankroll all need to be considered. I had the bankroll to play $50NL from day one, and $100NL from very early, but I stayed at $25NL because I was still learning the ropes. I'll stay at $100NL until I feel well-and-truly-comfortable with the game, and then I'll consider taking a shot or two at higher stakes.

2. Running hot can be fatal to a baller. Say you are not really highly skilled but you run at 20 PTBB/100 for 10k hands. Assume further that you're playing like a baller, trying to move up as quickly as you can. You started with 15 buyins at $25NL, and you've decided to move up as fast as possible, taking a chance when you get to 11 buyins at the next level. At 20 PTBB/100, you will make the 7 buyins necessary to try the next level in 1750 hands. Then, you'll get the 11 buyins needed to play at the next level in 2750 more hands. At the end of your 10k winning streak, you'll be playing $400NL with a bankroll of 11 buyins. At that point, it's highly likely that you haven't spent enough time to gain the experience, skills, and knowledge to compete at this level, and you'll become a typical "shooting star," burning VERY brightly while you rise, and then *POOF* disappearing in a torrential burst of what you consider to be "variance." How many players have we seen rise meteorically up the ranks, only to bust out at some exceedingly high stakes game? It's a danger, and it's MUCH more of a danger for the ballers than the grinders.

I'm not saying "don't move up." What I AM saying is "don't move up just because you're properly 'rolled for a higher-stakes game." Study. Think. Learn. Move up when YOU are ready, not your bankroll.