View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: JJ 2nd level of $22 225 player MTT

If I were in LP or on the button with that many limpers I'd raise to 180, in the SB or BB I'd make it a little more since I'm not terribly excited about playing the hand out of position. Probably 240 or so.

Assuming you get the same amount of callers as in the actual hand, you're now in a lot of trouble because almost any size bet commits you to the pot, so if you are going to bet, you might as well put it all-in. If your bigger pre-flop raise worked and you only got one caller, I'd bet half the pot and play the rest of the hand based on how the other player reacted and my read on them.

As for calling the bet on the end, that's a really tough question. For me it depends on A) My read of the villain, does he like to slowplay vs lots of hands? B) My time/money investment, if I'm going to be left shortstacked by folding, am I better off trying to stick with it and get back in the hunt, or am I better off busting out of this tourney here and jumping into another? Kind of a personal matter, since I always play cheap tournaments that fill up quick, I'd lean towards calling and busting or doubling. Since I know we're talking about you and you were probably playing this $22 MTT with a $100 bankroll, I guess you gotta fold and try and find a spot to get back in it. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]