View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 05:39 AM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Champions League 2007-08 Thread!*****

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty sick. Chelsea obviously has had the ball most and they've had the most chances, but Rosenborg has been keeping their own defensively for the most part and actually managed to build some good offensive play.

If Rosenborg wins this one it'll be one of the biggest upsets in CL history. Gooooooo!

[/ QUOTE ]

30 freaking shots and 1 goal. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal fear has set in. As someone who has played alot of football competitively (Newlyn Non Athletico in Mining League 2 FTW) I can testify the million occasions when I have had a clear shot on goal, and were I just passing into a space I would have scored easily but the fact that I am shooting at goal makes me scuff or slice etc etc. Players at all levels will testify to this, and this is what makes strikers strikers, the relative lack of the goal fear.

A goal is a big big big target, ask most EPL players just to kick a ball and hit a target area even under pressure from defenders and they will hit that area 90%+ of the time, the reason you get so many off target shots is the goal fear.

If goals have been hard to come by, and you are under pressure to score the the goal fear becomes even worse. This is the problem Jose must solve. He must conquer the goal fear in the mind of the team.