View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Comparing WLLH 3rd edition to 2nd edition

[ QUOTE ]
You may want to look at Small Stakes Hold 'em where there is a discussion on this very point (of what it is that gives a hand value). It might change your outlook on these matters.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mason,
Actually I have looked at SSHE, closely in fact. I believe that the style of play that Barry has helped me develop is better suited to the games that I regularly play, mostly in NYC and sometimes in AC at the 10-20 & 15-30 limits. The games tend to be either tight-aggressive or somewhat loose-aggressive. A hand involving six or seven limpers is a rarity. On average, three to five players are seeing the flop for three bets. From what I've seen of the 10-20 at the Mirage (I'm in Vegas about 30 days a year), it is far more loose-passive than the games I'm accustomed to.

On a side note, when I first met Barry in Las Vegas, he specifically asked me what limits I played, how much experience I had, and what I wanted to accomplish in poker. I told him I wanted to consistently beat the lower middle limit, live cash games for now and move up when my bankroll could handle it. Eventually I'd like to play full time in Las Vegas. The advice he has given me has been directed specifically to my level of experience and my personal goals. I think that he has been working not only to help me at the limits I play now, but also prepare me to move up when I'm ready to do so.