View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Stoxtrader is \"In the Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
I am always curious as how different players got into poker a brief description would be nice. Also How many hands were you able to log in the big crypto games and who did you think the best players in that game were?

[/ QUOTE ]

I started poker when I somehow found pokerroom online I think in 2003, I remember christmas of 2003 I think it was I was 4 tabling 25/50c at empire poker and thought it was great when i won 50 bucks or whatever. By the spring the party 15/30 was my main game and then the other dates that really stick out to me is march 2005 was my first 6 figure month and also the month I made 300/600 LHE my main game, and january 2006 was my first 250k month, a lot of it won playing 25/50 and 50/100 HUNL and 300/600LHE.

I played a lot at crypto and played approx 150-200k hands at the 150/300 pound game. Some of the best players there were bengt sonnert (pkrbt I think), juha helppi, steve95 (his real name is not steve and he is the nicest guy ever, i kept calling him steve anyways), tore lagerborg, todd witteles, forget his name, and honestly I can't really remember the others and don't have my DB to refer too (I might come back and edit in others if i remember them).

Crypto let ppl change screenames as much as they wanted so everybody had many names it seemed, except for me at the start. I almost always used miamia or stoxtradr there. Some of the guys I enjoyed playing with would have been sansone, he was a crackup, also spitter, lazysomething, marrakes, and I can't really remember the others also. I think some of the best NL players there were emile (he always had moviestar names I think), prikken, kirderf, mafews, durr played some, brian townsend played some, can't remember who else.

crypto had awesome customer support and I got to meet most of their team, such a shame the games there dried up and they can't allow americans anymore.