View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Adding 3rd computer to network - can\'t get Internet access

[ QUOTE ]
You're welcome. If I may offer some advice as well: I don't know how old your kids are, but you will save a lot of headaches by setting up a limited user account for them on that computer. You'll never have to worry about spyware or randomly installed programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL what gave that away? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

That was my plan, and I'd certainly welcome any suggestions. They're only 5 & 8, but you can never start too soon. The computer's going to be used for a secondary office computer, IE my wife might use it for email and other work at times, I might use it for the occasional poker game, and then my kids will be allowed to play around on it at times - MSPaint, kids' websites, maybe some other kid's programs, and I guess my oldest might want to start using Word soon.

My thinking was to set up an account for them that only allows them to run certain programs, and then to filter IE content. The former I'm sure I can figure out how to do through Windows, but filtering IE I'm going to have to investigate further. Stopping them from downloading, that I have no idea how to do.