View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Day 2 of large event, play with 14-18 BBs

Hey guys, I was playing Day 2 of a 1,5k event, and entered with a shortish stack of 2820 (blinds 100/200). I am including all hands played at that level (60 min). I know it's a bit long, but I'm hoping some of you can take a few minutes and tell me if they see things that are horribly wrong. It will also give you a sense of the table and my image.

Thanks, and I appreciate your help in advance.

Hand 1

MP1, [AKo], I open-raise to 600. Guy in the CO (stack 3820) calls. Flop comes 9-9-5, 2 spades. I c-bet 700, he thinks for a minute or two and folds.

Hand 2 - Very next hand

UTG+2, AQo, I open-raise to 600. Same guy (now in HJ), moves in, we essentially have the same stack. I thought he looked strong from his demeanor, and that his range was pretty narrow and I folded. I know it's not a good idea to raise/fold with 18 BB or so. Should I not have raised at all? Am I just a big pussy?

Hand 3 - (three hands later)

In the BB. 3 limpers, SB completes. I have AQo. I move all in. UTG limper (big stack - 13,000ish) calls with A-10clubs. Fold comes 5-4-3-3-2 for a chop.

Hand 4 2 hands later

Button. UTG limps, UTG+2 min raises. Folded to me with 9-10s. I'm still about 15-16BBs, is this too shallow to see a flop? I folded.

Hand 5

MP2 - AKo. Open-raise to 600, folded around.

Hand 6

UTG+2 - Open-fold KJo

Hand 7

BB - 10-10. UTG+2 raises to 600, 2 callers (one loose, one tight with shortish stack), SB completes. What do I do? Do I squeeze here for my remaining stack (3200-3300)? I've been pretty active so may be called by two overs, and initial raiser could have overpair. I called figuring I have great set odds (5:1). Flop brings A and Q, I fold.

Hand 8

SB. 1 limper, I complete with 2h-6h (BB is very tight so I know he's checking 85% of the time here). Flops comes 5-7-8, one heard. I bet out 400. BB calls, limper folds. Turn is 2. I check, BB bets I fold

Hand 9

Button. UTG (big stack, loose, not particularly bright) limps, folded to me with KQ. I move in with my remaining 2100 or so. limper starts to gather his chips to call, but SB and BB shove as well and I know I'm screwed. limper calls as well. SB has As-Qs, BB has KK, and limper has QJo. I don't hit the miracle straight.