View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Help Me Select A Watch for MY 40th B-Day

So, my wife has wanted to buy me a nice watch for our wedding for 2 1/2 years now (we were married in 2005). However, I have been unable to make a selection due to my general indecisiveness.

Now my 40th is coming up in two weeks and I was told to make a choice before then so that is what I am doing.

When I finally came across the IWC Portuguese Chrono it seemed like I had finaLLY found the right choice. It is in my wife's price range (and my comfort zone). It is large enough to be striking but not so enormous as to look ridiculous on my rather small wrist. And it seems to bridge the gap between dressy and sporty pretty well. I am looking for something to wear to work (suits 4 days a week), plus with my jeans on the weekend.

Anyway, I am having a tough time choosing between the silver face with rose gold hands and black band, and the the blue hands/blue band. (See pics below.) I think they are both pretty sweet. Which do people think is the most practical for an everyday, primary watch bearing in mind that I am a suit guy during the week and a jeans guy on the weekend.

Blue:

Rose Gold:

Thanks for your input.