View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Cardinals kick field goal instead of going for TD, WTF!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

As I mentioned, there's a lot of stuff going on then just the numbers. "Player A hits .320 and Player B hits .210...but if you reversed their order in the lineup and assume they continue hitting at those clips then the team's run-production will stay the same!!"

Ummmm, who says they will continue hitting at those clips if you switched them in the line-up? Pitchers will be approaching them differently now and they will be seeing different looks and situations. So making the assumption that their average, etc will remain the same is just plain wrong I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, your writing style is an attempt to make the other side of the debate look ridiculous. Not only have you made up a ridiculous quote, you've attempted to make it sound even more ridiculous by adding exclamation points, etc. In effect you are arguing against something by creating someone who doesn't exist and creating a stupid version of their argument.

Then you respond with the equivalent of "Ummm, hello?"

Furthermore, you aren't even saying anything. I guess you're arguing against the idea that batting order doesn't matter much, and furthermore that players will hit differently in different spots in the lineup. But you haven't said anything that supports that, other then "pitchers will approach them differently."

So try not to be such a douche next time.