View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Ask buriedbeds about losing 200 lbs (very, very long)

I'm sorry that I've been so slow getting in my responses...I thought I was starting this thread at an ideal time, that it would be a couple/few weeks where the work/life load would be slower...it turns out I was wrong. Rather than continue to let the posts continue to mount, I'm just going to try and get a response or two in whenever I have time. I just tend to write so much (obviously), which takes quite a while...so I keep trying to wait until I have a bunch of time to really give the answers in the depth I'd like. Since that doesn't seem to be happening, I'll get in as much as I can, when I can.

[ QUOTE ]
That was a very inspirational OP, thanks bb. I've been trying to loose some weight myself and I hope to be able to use your experience as guide.

I have a question though; how did you feel about alcohol, both now and when you were on a diet? I'm in college right now so there's a lot of oppertunities to drink, lot's of "temptations". I don't drink a lot but we all know beer is a nono when you want to loose weight. How did you deal with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I drink when I feel like it and accept that it will stall my weight loss. This is a long-term thing, with long-term implications. I honestly don't much care if I get stalled for a week or two because I feel like going on a bender, or feel like having a few (miller lite, as it's the lowest carb one usually available) beers at a ballgame or whatever.

FWIW, hard alcohol is the lowest in carbs, which wasn't too hard for me as when I drink, I like to drink Jack Daniel's. In tremendous volume, on occasion. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I am not on a diet, with short-term implications. This whole thing has been about re-learning how to eat - for life - and as such how to make it livable. Getting unimaginably hammered is one thing that I enjoy from time to time, so... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-bb.