Thread: On Ghosting
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: On Ghosting

i don't care to debate whether or not this or that is or isn't ethical because I'm too much of an idiot, but I feel like anything other than sitting at a computer by yourself playing without receiving advice by any means is wrong in some way. I'm not going to complain because it is pretty impossible to stop, but I get a yucky feeling when I hear of things like the recent JJProdigy stuff and all that.

The fact that there is no rule against it should not even be involved in the discussion. The only reason there is no rule against it is because it is too unreasonable to enforce.

Lots of people seem to say that certain things are ok, while certain things are not. I disagree, they are all bad. For the record, I think that multiaccounting, physically sweating while giving advice, account switching, coaching, receiving advice over the phone, aim, etc, and pretty much whatever else has come up should not be done. I will clarify one thing that I think is ok. Coaching where the teacher plays on their own account while explaining what they are doing to the student is pretty fine by me, though I do WISH people wouldn't do it.

One thing I find kind of amusing considering all the hype it gets is that I put multiaccounting below most of the other things in terms of scumminess.

Also, I will admit to doing one or more of those things I talked about above, but I'm not that ethical really, and if other's are doing it and getting an advantage I will too. I have only done those things for maybe an hour, I just don't feel the need to do it too often. If you couldn't get banned and your money taken from multiaccounting, and lots of people did it I would probably do it on occasion.

So if you do all that stuff, whatever, I don't have any ill feelings toward you, just don't try to act like its perfectly ok.

I think it all comes down to, you're getting an unfair advantage by doing this stuff. Don't tell me it is not unfair because there is no rule against it. I don't know what to tell you if you don't see why it isn't fair.